9.06.2013

BANANA GRANOLA

Banana Granola
It seems illogical to me to count (establish, I'd say) the days a season must have. I always say that time runs because we make it do so by putting it into a clock. It's not that I hate counting time, yet I do it frequently and I could be classified as one of those people who always has a calendar hanged on the wall. However, seasons work differently. It's just that I don't think they can be settled, since they don't change immediately. They have their own process, they take their own time, something that it's unpredictable too.

Seasons just can be perceived through the atmosphere. You have to feel them coming and moving on. See it in the people, breath it in the air, sense it in the scenery's palette. You just have to be part of it. Because every season has something unique to offer, and you should try to not let it go.

So as holidays are coming to an end, and considering that I can't go back to my routine that easily, I'll do like every year, I'll pretend fall is about to settle down. Welcome home fall, take your time to make yourself comfortable. And by the way, welcome home everyone. This is Lanoiaqueriu, in pursuit of positive feelings, a healthy lifestyle and wholesome, delicious foods. Enjoy your stay!

Banana Granola Banana Granola

BANANA GRANOLA - Original recipe from Green Kitchen Stories

"Well, what can I say. It's a pretty straight-up awesome granola recipe. With a kind of chunky, cookie-like consistency. And a mild banana flavor" - David, from Green Kitchen Stories.

The moment I saw this recipe on their blog, the moment I knew I would prepare it one day. I could barely imagine how delicious it was going to be. And then I could. The moment I took it out from the oven, the moment I felt the harmony of this accurately chosen combination. The rest was fulfillment and something else.

3 cups / 250 g / 700 ml rolled oats (gluten-free, if needed)
1/2 cup / 80 g / 120 ml raw almonds, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup / 80 g / 120 ml raw pumpkin seeds
1/4 tsp vanilla extract or ground vanilla
1 pinch sea salt
3 tbsp coconut oil, room temperature
3 tbsp maple syrup, runny honey or date molasses
2 very ripe bananas, peeled and broken into smaller pieces

·Preheat the oven 400 ºF / 200 ºC and line a baking tray with baking paper.
·In a large bowl combine the oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, vanilla and salt.
·In a separate bowl add coconut oil, maple and bananas. Use your hands to mix the ingredients completely smooth.
·Add the banana mixture to the dry mixture and combine well, using your hands, for about a minute, so all is well-coated and clumpy.
·Turn out and spread the granola in an even layer on the baking tray.
·Place in the middle of the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, check at around 10 minutes and turn the granola over with a wooden spoon.
·Allow to cool completely before putting in a container.
·Serve with yoghurt or milk of your choice and fresh fruit.

Banana Granola

No comments:

Post a Comment